Bayfield Apple Festival10/06/12 — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
This 51st annual festival will feature over 60 orchard and food booths selling Bayfield’s apples and apple desserts and delicacies -- caramel apples, apple pies, apple tortes, dumplings or tarts, apple sundaes, apple cider, bags and bushels of apples -- even apple bratwurst, mustard and butter.
The festival will also include:
- A kids’ carnival with games, rides and favorite foods.
- Over 150 arts and crafts booths.
- Fine art exhibitors in Memorial Park featuring pottery, paintings, glassworks, photography, wood crafts, weaving and traditional Native American beading, etc.
- A Grand Parade on Sunday featuring a 500 member “Mass Band” finale
- Big Top Chautauqua’s Blue Canvas Orchestra will perform throughout the weekend on the Grandstand stage.
- The annual Apple Dumpling Gang contest.
- The Venetian Boat Parade on Saturday evening featuring the Pipes and Drums of Thunder Bay.
- Bus shuttles for easy parking at Hauser’s Superior View Farm and Legendary Waters Casino.
- Bayfield Fire Department offers a traditional fish boil dinner on Saturday afternoon at Lakeside Pavilion followed by a Saturday evening dance.
- Ongoing street performers throughout the festival grounds, including the local Ojibwe Drum and Dance Troop.
- Ongoing boat cruises of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore.
- Musical entertainment at many local pubs, StageNorth, and Legendary Waters Resort & Casino
- Drive 5 minutes outside of town and tour over 14 local orchards, many with pick-your-own apples and pumpkins.